How to Trade the CME Event Contracts on Rithmic?
To gain access to the CME Event Contracts, please follow the below
- Log into the Rithmic web
application using the following link:
- If you are logged into Rithmic elsewhere, it
will disconnect your live data
- The login is the same Rithmic username and password provided to you
- Once logged in, you will
see multiple tiles with futures contracts listed.
- For the contracts with
Event Contracts available, you will see a link on the top right hand
corner of the tile labeled, “Feeling lucky today?”
- Once you select this
link, the Event Contract will appear along with the multiple strike prices
- Trade Event Contracts on a Yes 👍 or
No 👎 basis
- In the example image above, if you believe the ESZ2 will settle above 3700.00 (👍) it will cost you the full $20 contract value (Max profit $0)*
- In the example image above, if you believe the ESZ2 will not settle above 3700.00 (👎) it will cost you the full $1 contract value (Max profit $19)*
- You can scroll up or down to view all the strike
- You can trade more than one contract at a time (same strike price or different)
- To update the quantity, click on the symbol of the event contract:
- Smaller + : increases quantity by 1 contract
- Larger + : increases quantity by 10 contracts
- To enter an order you need to double click Yes 👍 or No 👎.
- The max gain or loss for
any trade is priced between $0.25 to $19.75 per contract. The price
you pay per contract is the most you can lose per trade, less applicable fees and commissions. Event contracts
are short-term positions that expire at market close.
Less applicable fees and commissions
Rithmic Small Exchange Symbols
Rithmic Data Feed Small Exchange Symbols If you are using RTrader or using a Rithmic data feed in a third party platform, below are the symbols for the Small Exchange. Product Name Product Symbol Small Stocks 75 SM75[myy].SMFE Small Technology 60 ...
FIFO (First In, First Out) The FIFO algorithm uses price and time as the only criteria for filling an order. In this algorithm, all orders at the same price level are filled according to time priority; the first order at a price level is the first ...
Why are my margins not set to the "As low as"?
When viewing Edge Watch Contract Specification and Margins page, you may find your day trading margin is higher than the "As low as" stated price. Edge Clear brokers normally start traders at 25%-50% day trading margins. This means 25%-50% of the ...
Can I trade Stocks or ETF's in a live account?
Edge Clear is a Futures only firm and does not offer trading on Stocks or ETF's. You are able to view other market data using a third party data source, such as DTN IQFeed.
Why can't I see data for a specific contract/market?
Since futures contracts trade on different exchanges, please check that you have enabled, or requested your broker to enable data for any exchange you wish to view or trade. Please also be sure to check that you are using the correct symbol, and ...