Linking charts in EdgeProX
Linking charts is a powerful tool that allows you to apply an action to a number of different charts and DOMs. There are a few different ways to assign a link group to a
chart. The easiest way is by selecting the group of colors on the bottom of the chart:
- The broken chain unlinks a chart that is selected
- The linked chain links selected charts
- The color circles are link groups
Another option to link charts in EdgeProX is through the following:
- Select the "link" symbol above and select the color you wish to use. In the example below "Blue Link" is chosen
- Click anywhere in chart. Next, click the "Link" button again and select the chart you wish to link to.
- The charts should now be linked. The default setting for linkages is to set to contract. See the following section to change linkage types.
In order to unlink charts, select the extreme left hand corner of the window, select "Unlink" and then press the chart you wish to unlink.
Changing Linkage Types
In EdgeProX, there are two different linkage options:
- Link Instrument: This linkage is based around the contract being traded. For examples charts linked under the E-Mini S&P (ES) will both show and share data and instruments on this contract.
- Link Bar Size: This will link the bar size and type configurations between the linked graphs.
To switch between these linkage types go to "Preferences"->"General"->"Linking"->Uncheck "Use Defaults"-> Set the desired option to a color->"Apply" and then "OK".
Linking with Templates
By default, a chart's studies will be carried over to the linked chart. If you do not want this setting active, go to "Configure->"Preferences"->"Chart"->"Templates" uncheck "Link Templates" and press "Apply" and "Ok"
Linking charts allows you to apply the same time settings simultaneously to two charts. Below is how you would begin the linking process. 1. Click on the drop down menu as shown in the image below: 2. What we are doing here is grouping ...
Using Templates in EdgeProX
Creating and saving Templates allows a user to quickly apply favorite studies, bars, and more to a new chart. Saving a Template To save a Template, first create a chart with all the studies, bar types, etc, that are to be saved. Once the chart is ...
Import/Export DOM Templates
The steps below will show you how to import and export DOM templates. If you set up a template and would like to import this template into EdgeProX this is how you would do that. The first step is to click on the cog wheel in the top right corner of ...
How to get FuturesTrader71 charts on EdgeProX
In order to get FuturesTrader71 charts onto your EdgeProX workspace, you must be subscribed to EdgeProX. If you are not subscribed to EdgeProX, you can do so here. To view a video walkthrough of this process, please click here. Login to the EC ...
Retrieving Missing Chart Data in EdgeProX
This article is to help resolve commonly occurring issues during the rollover period. i.e., Missing Chart Data. Whether you are using 'Continuous Futures Contract Symbol' e.g., @ES, or using 'Specific Contract Symbol' e.g., ESM2. If your charts ...