EdgeProX has its very own simulated account built into the software that you can use to practice your trading. If you have connected to a data source when logging in, then this data will be used by default. If you are using the Rithmic data feed, your broker at Edge Clear can help set up a Rithmic paper trading account. It is recommended that you use a demo provider by your data provider if possible. It may provide better simulation of fills and order types.
Here is a video on setting up a simulated account:
How to set up a simulated account:
1. Simulated accounts will need to be enabled and configured from the "Preferences" window:
2. Once the Preferences window is open, click on the "General" tab and then "Simulated Account" tab:
3. Click on the "Enabled" check box to enable or disable the simulated account. You can also disable all trading for accounts except the Simulated Account, change the base currency, fill immediate, and include commissions from the Preferences window.
4. Once you have the simulated account enabled, your "Accounts" panel will have a new line item for this account. The account ID should be, "Simulated"
5. To avoid placing orders on any other accounts, we recommend setting the simulated account as the default account. Any orders placed once the default account is set should be sent to the "Simulated" account first.
To se the simulated account up as default, you will need to right click on the account in your accounts panel and select "Set As Default Account."
Simulated Account in EdgeProX
In EdgeProX we have a Simulated account where you can test trading ideas, learn different instruments and how the platform work without putting live capital on the line. The first step in setting up the simulated account is to go to the Preferences ...
Setting up Commissions in EdgeProX
Commissions can be adding to your EdgeProX simulated account, replay mode, or a strategy back testing. To do this, please follow the below steps: 1. Open the "Commissions" window from within EdgeProX (Configure => Commissions): 2. Once the ...
How to check your account balance within EdgeProX
In this article we will show you how to locate your account balance within EdgeProX. Please follow the steps below: When you open EdgeProX, you should see a layout that is similar as the image below: Select the "Account Info" on the bottom of ...
How to Set Commissions on EdgeProX
How to Set Commissions on EdgeProX Setting commissions is key to understanding profits and losses while trading. Commissions can be set for live trading, simulated trading, or during Replay Mode. To set default commissions on EdgeProX, select the ...
Using EdgeProX's Replay Mode
Opening Replay Mode In order to open Replay Mode, navigate to the the "View" menu on the desired contract window and select "Replay Mode". This will open replay bar on the bottom of the window. To close the Replay Bar, press the "X" on the far right ...